Please visit CSRperspective.com to see the new & improved site.
Please visit CSRperspective.com to see the new & improved site.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Employee Engagement: Some Last Thoughts

This is the last of a series of posts on employee engagement. Not deep and meaningful, rather I have captured a couple of thoughts that didn’t fit neatly elsewhere.

Global Sensitivity is one area that is on my radar all the time as I am the CR lead for a regional operation. Be sensitive to global differences. This could be the topic of a whole series of posts itself but I will save that for another time. The key question is centralized versus decentralized. I recommend tending towards centralized and line of business control for environmental projects, but for social and economic initiatives to tend towards global guidelines and plenty of local discretion on a geographic basis.

What about the skeptics? - I wrote a post on this some time ago and I stand by what I said in that post that we should not dismiss skeptics. In “Legal Doesn’t Equal Sustainable,” I commented on the conflict between sustainability and the advocacy based approach of our legal and political systems that require each side to demonize the other. I think that in the climate change space we have moved into that demonizing mode and as sustainability practitioners we should be setting a better example.

Much has been written on the topic recently. I will end with some other resources worth looking at:

No comments:

Post a Comment