Please visit CSRperspective.com to see the new & improved site.
Please visit CSRperspective.com to see the new & improved site.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Diversity on the Mall

I went to the National Mall for the inauguration on Tuesday. For the record, despite having no ticket and no special connections, I got there, saw the whole thing on a big screen from the middle of the Mall and enjoyed the experience and camaraderie immensely. Just as I was thinking how exciting it was to see such a richly diverse group of Americans celebrating the event I realized that to some people I was part of the diversity too. The realization hit when someone asked to have their picture taken with me because they were so excited to find a Brit there. It was a great lesson in the different perceptions of diversity!

No comments:

Post a Comment